Monday, March 12, 2012

Birthday Cakes on a Budget

Who doesn't like birthday cakes!  If you go to a store and buy a slab cake they really don't taste that great and are pretty expensive for what you get.  So then you decide that you want a specialty cake, have you looked at the prices of those, they are crazy expensive.  So I get all my cake mixes when they are on sale for $1.00 (or I make them from scratch which really isn't as hard as you may think) and I get creative when decorating them.  The results are pretty impressive, if I do say so myself, and the cost is very little.  I also love to make mini cupcakes, you get a lot of them out of one cake mix and it is easy to make them look good.


Click here for instructions on how to create the cupcake cake pictured above, on my other blog dressesanddirt.blogspot.com

No comments: